Growth in every area - our best year so far
SKOV A/S, which produces ventilation and management systems for animal production, has reached the end of the financial year 1 October 2016 to 30 September 2017. The result is the best in the history of the company.
The year’s turnover increased by 19% to DKK 683 million (EUR 91.74) million) and the earnings before tax (EBT) rose by 27% to DKK 85 million (EUR 11.42 million).
- It has been a very positive year at SKOV, where we have experienced growth in terms of turnover, earnings, the number of employees and area, according to CEO Jørgen Yde Jensen, SKOV A/S.
The willingness to invest has returned among Danish producers, which has helped SKOV experience growth in the domestic market. The company’s new management system for pig production has been well received which is also expected to contribute positively to turnover in coming years.
- Danish pig and poultry producers are an important part of our continued development and we have a close cooperation, both in Denmark and around the world, explains CEO Jørgen Yde Jensen, SKOV A/S.
Russia, which for years has been a difficult market to operate in, has developed positively in 2017, just as China has also contributed to SKOV’s growth. In both markets, large pig projects (6000 sows full-line or larger) have particularly contributed to growth. A trend expected to continue.
- Due to positive growth in China, SKOV will set up a subsidiary in the country focusing on the great possibilities that exist in this market, Jørgen Yde Jensen continues.
In Asia, the company is experiencing overall growth. It is especially for the company’s ventilation and farm management systems for poultry that developments have been positive. The same trend can be observed in the Middle East, North Africa, and Oceania.
- 3-4 years ago, we decided to increase our efforts in the MENA region – i.e. the Middle East and North Africa – a focus now bearing fruit. In addition to Saudi Arabia, which has long been a large market for us, we have now also been able to establish a presence in countries such as Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia, Jørgen Yde Jensen explains.
Company facilities were significantly expanded by an additional 5,000 m2 in 2017. An investment that includes Europe’s largest air physics test centre for livestock production, expansion of production and office facilities, and showroom.
In November, the distributors of the company were invited to a three-day seminar in the new facilities in Glyngøre.
- Our event was attended by around 100 distributors from 45 countries. The feedback from distributors on their respective markets contribute to our positive expectations for the coming year, where we expect further growth, Jørgen Yde Jensen concludes.
Today, SKOV employs 360 employees with plans for hiring an additional 40 workers in the coming year, of which about half will be hired in Denmark.
For further information, please contact: SKOV A/S, Joergen Yde Jensen, ph. +45 72 17 55 55 or +45 40 10 90 23
SKOV's key figures from 2015-2016 to 2016-2017
|Profit/loss for the year||67||52|